Please review the nominating form and materials for more information on this year’s nominating and elections process: 2021 Officer Nominations KENTUCKY HEAD START ASSOCIATION.
KHSA 2021 Officer Elections – Timeline
• April 8th – solicitation sent to all Head Start grantees seeking nominations (60 days in advance)
• May 7th – nominations from grantees due (6pm ET / 5pm CT)
• May 12th – Nominating Committee convenes to review grantee nominations received
• May 24th – nominations slate sent to all Head Start grantees (14 days in advance)
• June 8th – balloting opens via secret ballot in conjunction with Board of Directors meeting
• June 10th – balloting closes
• June 11th – election results announced via email and social media
• July 1st – new officer term begins
The following positions are subject to nomination and election in 2021:
President: The President will serve as Chair of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee and preside at all meetings of same; will oversee the work of the Executive Director on an ongoing basis; will ensure that all approved actions and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect; and will attend selected meetings representing the Association.
Vice President for Engagement: The Vice President for Engagement will serve as Chairperson of the Sections Committee; will serve as Chairperson of the Nominating Committee; and will oversee the Association’s member engagement and outreach initiatives.
Past President: The Past President must be a previous President of the Association; either the immediate past President or a President who served within the last 10 years prior to the date of election. The Past President will serve as Chairperson of the Awards Committee. He/she performs duties as assigned by the President.